The Vice President of Student Services reports to the university president and Chief Executive Officer. She is the chief student services officer of the University and is responsible for providing leadership, management, and supervision for student services programs and student services personnel.
- Provides leadership for ensuring that the University provides a comprehensive array of student services
- Plans, designs, develops and delivers student programs and services that implement the mission and goals of the University
- Provides leadership for evaluating and ensuring quality in all aspects of the University’s student services
- Recommends, develops and implements student services policies, procedures and practices which foster and promote student learning and which support the educational program of the University
- Recommends organizational structures, personnel and resources to ensure a student-centered / learner centered environment at all levels
- Represents the University to various external entities and with outside agencies in matters relating to the University’s student services
- Provides leadership and guidance for the recruitment and retention of students.
- Assumes leadership and responsibility for establishing an environment which promotes respect for students, faculty, and staff and recognizes initiative and excellence.
- Provides leadership for directing University-wide activities related to student due-process / judicial proceedings, including, but not limited to, writing appropriate policies and procedures and conducting investigations and hearings on student judicial matters.
- Provides leadership and oversees the application of the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure students with disabilities have equal access to services.
- Maintains continuous evaluation of the economic feasibility of student services to insure that only those programs with appropriate priority in terms of need and demand are continued. Participates in and supervises the preparation and recommendation of detailed budgets, with cost estimates, for functions supervised; establishes and maintains budgetary control of functions supervised.
- Performs all other duties necessary to accomplish the educational objectives of the University and/or as assigned by the President