As a small growing privately owned institution, the advisory board acts as the institutions’ board of advisors. BAHU advisory board has no fiduciary responsibility. In collaboration with the President and CEO of BAHU, these advisors are responsible for finding ways to advance the university mission and program objectives by giving objective advice, scout the marketplace, gauge future trends, seek new strategic positions, and have significant contributions made that helps the institution build reputable programs. Because of the unique structure, mission, and vision of BAHU, the Advisory Board works with the CEO and President and other key administrative personnel and stakeholders of the university both in regulations, and in enhancing policies that govern the institution. These advisory board members meet at least, once per year. Board meetings allow for communication among the stakeholders, the university President, the CEO, and other principle officers, and some select Alumni council members. The board may also help to solicit, connect the university to potential donors, helps the university obtain grants from foundations, and may participate in annual giving and/or capital campaign to meet the university’s financial obligations.
Other Responsibilities of the Advisory Board are:
- To support, brainstorm, and advise the President and CEO and other stakeholders.
- To evaluate policies and priorities for the advancement of the university and its program objectives
- Provision of insights into educational development, marketing issues, timely knowledge about trends and competitors
- To share perspectives and ideas that will help the institution attain strong financial prosperity and management
- To seek ways to make the campus and university a meaningful asset to the community.
- To help the university administrations interpret the needs of society to the campus.
- To help the institution discover new potential allies or customers
- To be frank and serve with open mind and as problem solvers.
- To assess their own performance
Advisory Board of Listing
- John U. Nwankwo, MA, MPH, Ph.D. (Board Chairman )
- Jane John-Nwankwo, RN, RM, BSN, MSN, Ph.D.-c (Board Vice-Chairperson)
- Charlie Jo Morgan, RN, MSN, Ph.D. (Nurse Educator & Senior Board Academic Advisor)
Members At Large:
- Gene Edelbach (CEO, California Preparatory College)
- Derrick Samuels, MBA, Ph.D. (Educator and Business Man)
- Professor A.C. Omeonu, Ph.D. (Vice Chancellor, Clifford University)
- StellaGreg Obiuche, M. Ed, Ph.D. (Educationist and Senior Mammography Technologist)
- Julie Bockarie, MA, (Training Coordinator, The World Bank Groups, Washington D.C)
- Valentine Otuochere, MD, MPH, (Business man and Medical Director, Valentine Medical Clinic)
- Professor Sampson Nwaomah, Ph.D. (Educationist)